The Barça striker is still recovering from the operation due to a knee problem.
Óscar Washington Tabárez , the Uruguay coach, has given the list of 23 players for the Copa América 2019, which will be held in Brazil between June 14 and July 7. Among them, Luis Suarez, who had to go through the operating room before the final of the Copa del Rey for a meniscal problem.
The Uruguayan team has trained with 18 players. It is expected that tomorrow Giovanni González , Martín Campaña , Gastón Silva and Cristhian Stuani will join , with which they will reach 22. They will miss Lucas Torreira , from Arsenal, from Arrascaeta , who is still playing with Flamengo.
Uruguay is part of Group C and will make its debut on June 16 against Ecuador. The 20 will face Japan and the 24 will face Chile. On June 7 he has a friendly against Panama.
- Fernando Muslera (Galatasaray)
- Martín Campaña (Independent)
- Martín Silva (Freedom)
- Diego Godín (Atlético de Madrid)
- José María Giménez (Atlético de Madrid)
- Sebastián Coates (Sporting de Lisboa)
- Martín Cáceres (Juventus)
- Marcelo Saracchi (Leipzig)
- Diego Laxalt (Milan)
- Giovanni González (Peñarol)
- Matías Vecino (Inter Milan)
- Rodrigo Bentancur (Juventus)
- Federico Valverde (Real Madrid)
- Lucas Torreira (Arsenal)
- Nahitan Nández (Boca Juniors)
- Nicolás Lodeiro (Seattle Sounders)
- Giorgian De Arrascaeta (Flamengo)
- Gastón Pereiro (PSV Eindhoven)
- Luis Suárez (Barcelona)
- Edinson Cavani (PSG)
- Cristhian Stuani (Girona)
- Maxi Gómez (Celta de Vigo)
- Jonathan Rodríguez (Blue Cross)